Iain Dale on Andy Hayman

I found the article in the Sunday Times about Andy Hayman a little odd too but Iain Dale should put more effort into his knocking copy, now that he is an official canadidate to be prospective conservative candidate in Maidstone. Less vulgarity, more facts Iain. Oh and I see the major new investment has been made in the replacement for Tory TV!

#1 Iain Dale on 11.26.07 at 9:48 am

So, basically you agree with me. Why not just say so? I’ll express it how I like, but thank you for your no doubt well meant advice. It means a lot. xx

#2 Tom on 11.26.07 at 10:03 am

Actually I don’t know where that story is from. Neither do you. Do you?

How’s Maidstone going? I’m thinking of paying another visit.

#3 Praguetory on 11.26.07 at 3:59 pm

Any more plans to visit Fife?

#4 ... on 11.26.07 at 4:58 pm

You got be kidding, I’m sure both of you can’t live without each other, because every week, Tom puts something about Iain and Iain comes here to say something…=)

#5 Lobster Blogster on 11.26.07 at 5:55 pm

Dale’s blog is nothing but grubby gossip. I’d put it in the Vauxhall Conference or maybe even lower. Premiership blogs have something to say, with a dash of humour. Bananacrat Bingo anyone?

#6 David on 11.27.07 at 4:48 pm

Interesting this:

Tory MP Daniel Kawczynski, Shrewsbury. Accused postal workers of being involved or implicated in Labour electoral fraud a few years ago.

There was no evidence found, but I heard that he fabricated the whole story, and that in fact it was Tory supporting postal workers who were feeding Danny Boy this disinformation. After realising that the disinformation was working in his favour, he decided to roll with it. He is aware of these facts didnt inform the cops.

Now we have missing ID discs in the post…. I wouldn’t put it past the Tories.

Edward Leigh, Tory old boy, them comes up with some old emails to try and implicate Darling.

HMRC must be infiltrated with Tory spin doctor moles.

#7 Frank on 11.27.07 at 11:41 pm

Just flicked through your recent posts and found that your main interest has been Iain Dale’s intentions. Surely there are more interesting things, such as:

The Abrahams Conspiracy
Disc-gate
The Northern Rock Swindle
The Top Brass Mutiny
The Security Guard Cover Up
The Migration Number Debacle
The CGT Climbdown
And the Election that never was

I thought one of the points of a MP blog is to provide another way of talking to your constituents and the rest of the country, not inter-blog sniping.

#8 Tom on 11.28.07 at 8:26 am

Possibly Frank but from where I’m sitting, not nearly as much fun as teasing Iain. He knows I’m only joshing with him.

#9 Greater Manchester Fabians on 11.28.07 at 12:24 pm

Hi

We’ve got 2 debates on the Greater Manchester Fabians blog that I’d like you to respond to:

1) Most important political figures to come from the Greater Manchester area.
2) Most important political events in the history of Manchester (and surrounding areas).
You can respond by going to http://gtrmancfabians.blogspot.com/
Hopefully the responses will help inform future activity.

Cheers
Graham
Greater Manchester Fabian Society
Ps: drop me an email at ManchesterFabians@googlemail.com if you want to be added to the email list.

#10 dismayed on 11.28.07 at 12:33 pm

But also very childish and immature.

Shows how little you’ve got to say.

#11 Praguetory on 11.28.07 at 1:09 pm

After Sion Simon’s effort last week, Ken Purchase wins Midlands muppet of the week at today’s PMQs.

#12 Tim Ireland on 11.30.07 at 8:40 am

Iain is going to have to invest in skin-thickening ointment if he hopes to carry his weight as an MP. The many snarky outbursts from Iain (and the anonymous ones that seem to follow him everywhere like a bad smell) don’t do him any favours at all. Still, he’s got the whole ‘spin’ thing down pat… and he often manages to get away with it while portraying himself as an enemy of spin.

Notice, for instance, that following 18DoughtyStreet’s brave plunge into the future without sofas, that here Iain takes the time to make a report regarding a sofa that is entering, not leaving, the building. Even on the smallest of points, he just can’t help himself.

#13 Tim Ireland on 11.30.07 at 8:43 am