Think of the future and make it grow

Is it really 25 years ago this year that The Jam disbanded? This new book looks good but the comments from Bruce Foxton look even better. Forget the Spice Girls, if The Jam reformed, it really would make a stir.

#1 Chris Paul on 07.26.07 at 11:25 pm

If the Jam reformed we’d have to look again at those congestion charges.

#2 rupahuq on 07.27.07 at 3:40 pm

Morrissey once said when asked of a possible Smiths reunion “I’d love to see Johnny again but feel nothing for Bruce and Rick”. The (Smiths’) drummer and bassist successfuly sued him.

#3 Pumpkin Head on 07.27.07 at 11:38 pm

The Jam and more Jam. Read all about it. The book, the forthcoming photo exhibiton in London, and most importantly, the Foxton/Buckler autumn tour –

#4 Moses Pastings on 07.27.07 at 11:42 pm

Wellerless and still brilliant – From The Jam: Bruce Foxton and Rick Buckler are defying the law of gravity. Who could believe a 20-date sold out tour in the UK, followed by an even bigger UK tour without Weller. The proof is in the music. We’re still down at the tubestation at midnight.

Don’t forget your Oyster card. . .

#5 el Tom on 07.28.07 at 3:50 pm

The Jam are from Woking, where I have lived for the last few years. I used to drink with Rick Buckler’s son; he looks exactly the same as his dad. Didn’t Weller say he would never reform with them?

#6 SteB on 08.04.07 at 10:49 am

Sounds a bit like a George Michael encounter to me, to quote Foxton from the article……

“For a while there were a lot of embarrassing glances from one Portakabin to another. Then I nipped to the loo, Paul came in behind me, and it was big hugs all round.”