“To lead a political party, you first have to establish whether it wishes to be led.” From memory, I think that is what Neil Kinnock once said anyway. This poll of MPs attitudes in the Times is interesting for a number of reasons:
1. It demonstrates that many Conservative MPs have not yet bought into the Cameron leadership.
2. It shows that nearly half of all Conservative MPs think things have got better since I worra lad.
3. It clearly shows that the NHS as we all understand it, is not the preferred option of the vast majority of Conservatives in the Commons.
4. It shows that we (Labour MPs) are more like them (Lib Dem MPs) than we care to admit.
5. It shows how rubbish MPs are at doing surveys.